Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Narcissistic Popstrology Carpenters

Synchronicity or plain ol' premonition? Do I have to start another blog for premonitions? Sheesh.

Lying in bed on a Sunday morning. For some reason, thinking about songs that are popular when you are a baby and if it affects you and your outlook on life. I reflect on how I was a child during the early seventies and how now it seems like such a rare golden time, with groups like Jackson Five on the radio. I think of how I was born in 1971 and how I have memories of the Carpenters and songs like "Close to You". My wife loves the Carpenters and sang that song to me at a karoake bar one time. I get up and pick up the Toronto Star at the door. I sit down and pull out the Ideas section which is my favourite Sunday morning read. The first article I start to read goes as follows:
"Born under a bad song
In Popstrology, we can't all be Rolling Stones
[what does this line mean? -JT]

KENNETH KIDD
FEATURE WRITER

Ever wonder about the source of your debilitating narcissism?

Could it be that you were born in 1970? At a time when the Carpenters were No. 1 with a song called "Close To You"? (Sample lyric: "On the day that you were born, the angels got together, and decided to create a dream come true.")

Any bells ringing here?

The Billboard pop chart, that great clarion of an era's psychic influences, is so obviously destiny. It will mark your life. Or not, depending.

This was the clear message that crept into the brain of Ian Van Tuyl, founder of "popstrology," which he describes in his recent book of the same name as "a powerful and flexible science"...

Stay tuned for...A Green Piece of Shingle

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.


Visit my website :: http://www.biotechnologyreview.net

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've listened to this a dozen or more times and still find it delightful and sooooo original in concept. This glass would cost less than $1000 and would be available to almost all the people in Britain. It's more than
just doing the right things or being involved in a good opportunity.


Here is my web blog Latest Daily News

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't help but believe that the market for products with photos imprinted on them, now made accessible by the Internet, represents a truly enormous opportunity. The goal with a funny picture is to have the photograph be almost a blank canvas for you to put the punch line on. Locate a respected joke internet site that allows you to make use of the offered jokes which means you won't need to worry about email viruses.


my web site; http://www.violetcenter.com/index.php?do=/profile-4424/info/

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thus, there are many broad options for getting to know various
kinds of news today and that too through the use of various
mediums. " Earlier today some cruise ship struck land in Alaska. All kinds of sports news today are offered live through the television.

my web-site: latest world news

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home