Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pythagorean Jeopardy

A few days ago I was reading a book on geometry as I am kind of interested in math (closes closet door behind him). I read about the Pythagorean Theorem which states that the two short sides of a right-angle triangle will give you the length of the long side usung the equation a2+b2=c2 (or something - look it up). I remembered it from school and I thought, as I sometimes do, "Well if I was on Jeopardy and that came up, I'd be prepared." The next day, Carmen is watching Jeopardy and I'm half watching and half playing with our baby, and for one of the questions up pops a right angle triangle with the short sides given as 30 and 35. Challenge was to give the length of the long side. I didn't get the answer. Hey - what's more fun - math or babies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home