Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Great Deal

A couple days after Bro first got in touch with me, we were chatting on MSN while I was at work (something I do a lot). He sent me a link to worlditc.org. From the website:

"Instrumental Tanscommunication (ITC) means that the messages coming from beyond will be received and/or stored by use of technical means.

ITC is the use of tape recorder, TVs, radios, computers, telephones, and other technical devices with the intent to get meaningful information from beyond in such forms as voices, images, and text.

EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) experimenting produced the first ITC contacts using a tape recorder and a simple microphone. Later on there occurred ITC contacts via telephone, computer, fax, special devices and so on.

The big advantage of ITC is the possibility to prove to others that something uncommon takes place. Not only the receiver of the messages, for example the medium, but also others could become a witness of these contacts. Almost everybody who is really interested in that phenomenon can get and with persistence will get EVP."


More on this subject in the next post.

Bro told me that somewhere on the site was a recording of Gandhi's voice from beyond the grave. We looked around but couldn't find it. Later in the conversation he gave me a Gandhi quote:

"Throughout the history of mankind there have been murderers and tyrants; and while it may seem momentarily that they have the upper hand, they have always fallen. Always."

It was the end of the day at this point and I told Bro I'd talk to him later. I closed up and walked to the subway. I sat down and instead of reading I decided to just look around. Up and to my right there was an ad Budget car rental that read: "The great deal is in our number." Underneath this there was a phone number in large characters. The last two numbers were 22 and were separated off from the rest of the number and lined up underneath "number". I thought "Hmm that could be another one of those 22 things that brought me in touch with Bro and Anita."

I looked at the ad to the left of that one, which was directly in front of me. It was an ad for some sort of Islamic organization. It featured a quote:

"I became more than ever convinced that it was not the sword that won a place for Islam in those days in the scheme of life. It was the rigid simplicity, the utter self-effacement of the prophet, the scrupulous regard for his pledges, his intense devotion to his friends and followers, his intrepidity, his fearlessness, his absolute trust in God and his own mission. These, and not the sword carried everything before them and surmounted every trouble."

The quote was attributed to "Gandhi, 1922".

1 Comments:

Blogger stony said...

Great Blog! I have a car rental france related Site.
Maybe you have a look.

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home