Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Purr

Yesterday Enzo and Ms. Marplot IM'ed me at precisely the same second. They sit near each other at their job but had not discussed these subjects with each other prior to messaging me.

Enzo sent me a link to a story about lions saving a kidnapped girl:

"Police say three lions rescued a 12-year-old girl kidnapped by men who wanted to force her into marriage, chasing off her abductors and guarding her until police and relatives tracked her down in a remote corner of Ethiopia.

'They stood guard until we found her and then they just left her like a gift and went back into the forest.'"


Ms. Marplot told me that she had read my blog post about Bro feeling like a cat was running across his chest before having his out-of-body experience. She told me that she and her husband had lived in a haunted apartment, and one time her husband had experienced the sensation a cat running across his chest. I said that I had heard stories of people's deceased cats acting as guides for them after death. She said sometimes her cat stares at her for a long time in a way that seems very aware and intelligent.

Writing this now, I remember my mom saying how one day she was gardening and our cat Leo, before walking away, turned and gave her and long look that she found puzzling and significant. We found Leo the next day; he had died.

Enzo then messaged me again, saying that he had had a dream the night before about his cat speaking to him telepathically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home