Friday, June 17, 2005

You Must Be This Tall To Get On This Ride

You might have noticed that this blog is changing. I'm not just recording interesting and funny coincidences; I'm getting into even more unusual stuff. All I can say is that this is where it has led me and I'm going to keep going. I hope you find it interesting and challenging. If you think I'm going off the deep end, well...I am. But not the crazy nutso deep end. And if any family members are reading, please be assured I'll try to stay employed and washed.

Bro had an out-of-body experience today. I had an in-body experience today; it lasted all day.

His intention was to sit and meditate for a few minutes. He closed his eyes and before long he had the feeling of cat walking across his chest. He then found himself in a very cutely decorated house where he was greeted by Baby Shambala. Shambala appeared to be a baby but spoke like an adult. He kept calling her Angela for some reason, which Shambala found amusing. He was told and shown some important information. Towards the end he was shown a vision of himself in an amusement park with Anita. Like me, Bro has been recording his experiences in a blog. Read this story in Bro's blog.

As is read about this in his blog and we chatted about it over MSN, I was of course amazed. It was not a foggy dream experience, but something that he described as more real and clear than day to day reality. However I was struck in another way that made the whole thing even stranger, unlikely as that seems.

As I read about his experience, bells started to go off. First, I remembered last night watching TV, with it muted during the commercials. There was a commercial on for Wendy's, I think it was, and it showed a baby sitting on a bench, speaking to the camera in adult English. I was transfixed and stared at the baby. I felt a certain "density" watching it, that's the best way to describe it.

The next bell went off as I remembered thinking of a friend I hadn't seen in years who's name is Angela. I had been thinking about her this morning, before chatting with Bro. She just popped into my head; I don't think about her often.

Then, I remembered I had been chatting with Enzo that morning as well. He mentioned that the guy who did the movie Supersize Me had a TV show starting soon. He was going to doing something for 30 days and it would become a one hour episode. For example, he was going to live on minimum wage for 30 days. Completely spontaneously, and even wondering why I was saying it, I suggested that he could go to an amusement park every day for 30 days. I distinctly remember looking at my comment afterwards and wondering exactly why I had said it.

So these three things, that all occurred within 12 hours before hearing Bro's story, add an additional layer of strangeness. I have noticed many times now that I will get a bit of interesting information on the web or TV, and the same or next day Bro will tell me the same bit of information. This is a new experience for me and seems to indicate some sort of link. Unless I was just finding order in something that was actually random, I was somehow connected to Bro's out-of-body visions, before they happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home