Monday, August 15, 2005

Clarity

"Turn up the signal, wipe out the noise." - Peter Gabriel

I've discovered noise reduction software. It has the specific purpose of eliminating noise and preserving the signal in audio. It does no less than open up the world of EVP by making the voices audible to anyone. You won't always be able to hear what they're saying, but you'll hear them saying something. 10 years ago, this would have required a dedicated computer system costing thousands, and you would have to wait for the machine to complete each transformation. Before that, I don't even know if it was done at all. Now, I can do it in real-time, changing the settings as I listen, and I can get a proper signal in seconds. I don't know to what degree other EVP researchers are using noise reduction software. The time is now!

"Let's talk John"
"Agent, you agent"
The 50's Guys

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wisteria said...

Hi,

We'd love to have you join us on The Grass Harp, an email list at Yahoo Groups for the discussion and research of evp.

Hope you'll join us!

http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/grassharp

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home